Be Part of Our Team
Maumee Bay has been nominated for the Chamber of Commerce 2019 Prism Awards. Maumee Bay continues to be renowned as the best place to stay and work in the Oregon, OH region.
While we operate year-round, most of our job opportunities are seasonal and often last only through the summer: from Memorial Day through Labor Day. These seasonal positions can also extend to the winter, on a limited basis, if business levels demand. Due to the seasonality of positions, availability dates are a key factor in our selection process. Those who apply for positions should be as specific and realistic about potential start and end dates. Priority is given to applicants who are available for the entire season and are flexible in job preferences.
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age to work at Maumee Bay. Those under the age of 18 must secure a work permit during the school season.
Hospitality and guest service are our top priorities. As a result, we have appearance standards that all employees are expected to follow.
- Hairstyles must be neat, well-kept, and of a natural color.
- Facial hair must be neat and well-groomed.
- Employees must conform to health and sanitation regulations, such as hair restraints where applicable. Food service employees are not permitted to have manicured or false nails while on duty.
- Uniforms must be clean, unwrinkled, and tucked in at all times.
- Name tags are considered to be part of the uniform and must be worn at all times while on duty.
- Visible body piercings (such as nose or tongue rings, etc.) and visible tattoos are not permitted.
We expect all new employees to attend orientation in full compliance with our appearance standards.
Seasonal employees average 25—40 hours per week. Business levels vary by season and may cause fluctuations in the hours that employees need to work. Shifts can occur on any day of the week and at any hour, and split shifts are possible for some positions.
- Pay rates vary by position but are competitive within the area
- Payday currently takes place every two weeks.
- Overtime is paid at time-and-a-half after working 40 hours in one week
Most seasonal employees begin work on Memorial Day and end on Labor Day. Since these dates encompass Maumee Bay's busiest season, applicants should carefully consider their availability. We recognize the need for time off, but cannot guarantee days off during our busiest season. Weekends and holidays are required.
Interested in one of the positions listed below? Apply online or fill out our employment application (PDF) and drop it off in person or mail it to:
Maumee Bay Lodge & Conference Center
1750 State Park Road #2
Oregon, OH 43616
Have a question?
Give us a call at 419-836-1466